Tuesday, December 29, 2009

THE POST CHRISTMAS CALM....

The rush is over and things are slowly getting back to normal. We're not rushing around as much and things just seem calmer...............this is the way I hope 2010 will be.

Texas has seen so much snow (for us it's a lot of snow!!)......and I love it. It has made for days where we've cuddled up inside, drunk mug upon mug of hot tea, and I've even managed to get a little bit of crafting done.

I've decided to post the last few Christmas craft photos..............and then I promise it'll be over until next year.
First, the candy wreaths I mentioned in my last post. I just need to find a way to preserve them now so that they can be used next year - they're to pretty to throw out

Then there was this scarf. Remember the treasure chest cake? Well these were part of the treasure that the kids hunted for at the party. I cut lengths of fleece and cut tassles into the ends. I then cut flowers out of felt using my Sizzix die cut machine, and attached them with a button. The kids loved them and they were really easy and quick to make. They're a great way to use up the off cuts that you always have left over once your finished with your bigger projects.

I couldn't resist including a picture of my snow babies on Christmas Day...............it could be another 80 years before anyone can get pictures like this again here!!!
I think I could fast be becoming a swap addict..........anyone know of a Swap Addicts Anonymous??? I took part in my first one around Halloween and have done 2 more since. I have had fantastic swap partners in every swap - they have spoilt me rotten!!! It is such a fun way to meet new people with the same interests as you, and let me tell you there is a wealth of talent out there!!! I am taking part in 3 swaps already this year. A Year Of Enchantment (hosted by Yarni Gras) - this one has me soooo excited. I'm also taking part in her Hot Mama Apron Swap - now who could possibly resist a title like that!!! Then I'm also doing The Martini Madness Apron Swap (hosted by Shawnee at The Flirty Apron). Here are a few peeky hints for the first two swaps I mentioned....

This is what I've used for the January Theme of Year Of Enchantment. The ornies are infact finished and I'm busting at the seams excited about them...............however, I can't show them to you just yet as our partners this month are not a suprise and I don't want to spoil the suprise for her - I hope she loves them as much as I do:-)
These are some of the goodies I'll be using to make the apron for the Hot Mama Apron Swap - my partner chose Old Man Winter as her theme.....I'll keep you posted on its progress.
Until next time, keep warm and keep crafting!!!
















1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to see them! I am in the enchantment swap too......I love the apron fabric for old man winter...it is perfect...Cant wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete