Sunday, December 13, 2009

KNITTED HATS, CAKES AND ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS

It hasn't been as craftier weekend as I'd hoped, but it sure has been fun:-)

Saturday's family Advent adventure was a matinee movie - we went and saw Old Dogs. The kids loved it and I thought it was quite funny as did hubby.



Once the New Year begins I have every intention of putting our Advent activities into a scrapbook - it'll be fun to see what we do year upon year. This is definately going to become a tradition in our home.


Today, I decided that it was time for our family to give back - to show our appreciation for those who keep us safe.....our local police and fire departments. This evening our family gathered around the dinner table to decorate cookies that we will drop off at the police station and fire station tomorrow.



Don't they look yummy.....................I wont lie, I had to keep an eagle eye on those cookies, to make sure than none mysteriously disappeared - the kids really believe that I know EXACTLY how many there were....hee...hee!!!


Today boy child and hubby took to the kitchen, to create their masterpiece!!! It will be entered into our Scout Packs Annual Dad and Lad Cake Bake tomorrow. The theme this year was Happy 100 Years of Scouting.
Look at that masterpiece - I think they did a fantastic job!!!



Now those of you who know me, will know JUST how hard it is for me to stand back and not get involved in this little operation......just a little more to this side...no, no that's not straight - but alas I stayed well out of it:-)

Are you all sitting down........drum roll please because.......Grandmas hat is finished!!!! And I love it. There was a time midway through it's construction that I didn't like it too much, but now that it's finished and I've put it's decoration on, I'm happy. The flower is a pin I made. That way if she doesn't like it or wishes to wear it somewhere different on the hat than the place I put it, all she needs to do is move it. I made it out of wool felt. It was just too plain and boring without the little something.

Thanks Fred the Head.......................he is so accomodating!!!!
The pattern came from the book One Skein Wonders.....that book has so many cute things in that I want to try:-)


Our elves are doing well.......the senior elf with the leaky leg is still recuperating. The 2 little monsters are still up to no good. Saturday night saw then enjoying a picnic (they had elf size furniture and all!!!) under the Christmas lights.
This morning we awoke to the remains of a night spent racing radio control cars. We have no idea which of the won, but they sure had fun!!!
Only 11 more days to go!!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment