Sunday, January 31, 2010

MY NEW BEST FRIEND.....

Hello everyone.............it's been a while, I know!!! The days just seem to be flying by....February already - wow, how can that be possible!!!



So you're all wondering who or what my new best friend is.......Armor Etching Cream:-> Have you ever tried that stuff? I've always liked the idea of giving glass etching a go, but I had this preconcieved idea that it would be difficult - boy was I wrong or what!!! I'm taking part in Shawnee's Martini Madness Swap, and together with our apron we need to send a decorated Martini Glass. Yes, the opportunity had just arisen for me to put all my preconcieved ideas aside and just go for it............I was so glad I did. I think there'll be a lot of glass etching going on around these parts shortly!!!
Take a look, and let me know what you think............. I had so much fun doing it.......Have I mentioned that you REALLY need to give it a try..........
Front & Back
It took me longer to place the stickers I used to mask the words and dots with, than it did to paint on the etching cream, let it do it's thing and then rinse it off:->
As you can see, I added some bling in the center of the dots............................what are cocktails without some bling anyway!!!!
I've been busy this weekend with a few other project................they're all NEARLY done:-> We're just missing a bit here and a bit there......... So, I'll have lots to show you in the next few days.
Until then - keep warm and keep creating:->

1 comment:

  1. This is brillant, love the etched glass and embellishments!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete