Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SOME OF EVERYTHING....

I ask myself, what kind of title that is, but really that is exactly what this post is......a little bit of all sorts of things:->
Today the mailman came calling - my YOE Swap package arrived from my partner Jenny. Wow was I spoilt. I got all sorts of goodies - a pretty silver pinecone and acorn ornament, shower gel (how did she know I finished mine just this morning...), the cutest pair of acorn earrings, the most delicate little pinecone hung on a piece of ribbon, some acorn writing paper, and a salt and pepper shaker set. Check out the picture below and you'll see what I mean.


Oh, the pinewood derby - I have to share a picture or two of that with you...........please indulge me, it's the mother in me!!!!


They had a blast. Hubby's yellow school bus did really well, it won him the 2nd place trophy in the Open Class!!!
Girl Child was on hand to cheer Boy Child on, not that she was too happy about the early morning start:->


We created quite a cute kids craft on Monday night. In a few weeks time our Scout Pack will celebrate it's annual banquet - it's my baby to organize this year. Each of the Dens is responsible for creating a centerpiece for their table. The theme this year is 100 Years of Scouting, so we chose something the boys love......camping. I came up with the idea of making little camping chairs that we'll put around a fake fire we'll make............I was very happy with the way they turned out.

We used dowel rods, that the boys cut to size, craft sticks, scraps of fabric, thumb tacks and the trusty glue gun.....and amazingly every boy left with all 10 fingers.....no saw, thumb tack or glue gun accidents!!!! They must be growing up:->
Hope everyone is managing to get a little crafty time in.............go on spoil yourself, It's good for you.
Until next time.......Thanks for stopping by and visiting for a while......

No comments:

Post a Comment