Sunday, January 17, 2010

A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT...

Well as the heading says, this post will be a little of everything I've been up to lately.
The kids were off school on Friday for a long weekend (they have Monday off as well), so the end of the week was not as productive as I'd have wished........but it's always nice to have the kids home:-)

This is the finished apron for The Hot Mama Apron Swap, hosted by Val of Yarni Gras. My partner chose the Old Man Winter Theme. The point of the swap - besides making the apron - was to use what we had................no sneeking out to the nearest craft store for this one!!!! There are also a few other goodies going with this parcel (I'll share those with you another day).

So what does this fabric say to you? To me it says cocktails, valentines, sweet times spent with your love!!! This is the fabric I've chosen to make the apron (a rather more cocktaily -is there such a word- one this time) for Shawnees Martini Madness Swap. I thought this teamed with some red diamante trim would fit the theme perfectly.

Yes, it's Fred The Head again........looking at these pictures I've just realised how battle weary the poor thing looks!!!!
This has just come off the needles. This was super quick to knit up.............I'm talking hours quick here:-) It's called the Elijah hat designed by Diana Troldahl. KnitPicks now have a few patterns on their website - they cost you $1-99 and they'll email them to you within a couple of hours. I love that................It's that instant gratification thing I think!!!
This is the first of 2 that I ordered, so I'll share the other one just as soon as it's done...........it'll have to be soon, as I want to send it off as a Valentines suprise for someone:-)
Enjoy your day off tomorrow - for those of you who get it... let's see what little delights we can all craft up!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment