Sunday, October 16, 2011

THE STATE FAIR OF TEXAS 2011 ...

Last Sunday, we had a little outing to the State Fair. We hadn't been in a couple of years, and we had a great time. Some amongst us tried all those funny fair foods ... deep fried oreos (disgusting was the verdict), deep fried snickers bars (this one got a yummy) and deep fried smores (this was the winner for the day). Personally, deep fried any of those just doesn't do it for me.
We also had another reason for our visit ...

I entered an apron into the Creative Arts Competition ... and I won 2nd place!!! I was so excited, and it was lovely to see it displayed there, for all to look at:-)

These pictures aren't great, as they were taken through glass. As soon as I get it back, I'll take some better pictures and post them.
Looking at the handiwork of so many talented people was the highlight of the day for me. I was also quite amazed at how many men took part and won - especially in the quilting and cooking sections. Their work was very impressive.
I think I may have caught the State Fair bug .... I'm already thinking about what I'd like to enter next year.

2 comments:

  1. yay you!!!!!!! That is so neat! I've never been to a state fair..........scary, huh!
    Congrats sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting! Your apron is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete