Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DOUBLE CHIP COOKIES - YUM!!!

This is a bit of a break from the norm for me - but these cookies were too good not to share with you. I don't know where the recipe comes from as it was written on a piece of paper. If I had to guess, I'd say it was most likely from a Taste of Home magazine, or something similar.

It was our Church Middle School Christmas Banquet tonight (wow, there's nothing like a bunch of dressed up middle schoolers to make you realize just how quickly they grow up!!!). I signed up to bring a dessert, and Girl Childs' choice was chocolate chip cookies. Let me just say now, I'm ordinarily not a cookie baker - I'll bake anything before I bake cookies!!!

THE RECIPE
- 2 cups semi sweet choc chips
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz white choc chips

LETS GET BUSY MAKING THESE BABIES....

(1) Melt butter and choc chips (semi sweet) together until smooth
(2) Allow to cool for 10 mins
(3) Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until light
(4) Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture - mix well
(5) Combine flour, baking soda and salt together
(6) Gradually add to creamed mixture
(7) Stir in white chocolate chips
(8) Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto lined baking sheet
(9) Bake for 10mins at 350 deg F

YUMMY!!!!

Just remembered, I do have something crafty to show you .... another pin cushion I've made. This one is a thank you gift for someone.

Then lastly, because, when I see her all dressed up like this I am reminded of just how proud she makes her daddy and I - a picture of Girl Child all dressed up for the banquet tonight:-)

Happy Crafting Everyone!!!!

1 comment:

  1. your daughter is lovely! I think that pin cushion ROCKS!!!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete