Now we all know, that when those little green shoots pop through the surface of the soil, they can all kinda look alike. I have a solution to that problem ...... even more exciting, is that it's an inexpensive, crafty solution.
I cut (more like eyeballed), an oval shape. Onto those I drew my veggie, and labeled it. I painted some modge podge onto the spoon and stuck my drawing on. Make sure you squeeze out all your air bubbles. I covered the labels with about 4 layers of modge podge, waiting for each layer to dry before I painted on the next layer. Once the modge podge layers were completely dry, I gave each marker (just where the label is), a coat of sealant.
I found that, in order for my labels to stick down neatly, I had to hammer my spoon a little flatter. You may wish to do this if your spoon has a deep "cup", but every spoon is different.
These were part of Val's swap package, but I'll be making my own set in the coming week ... just in time for them to do their job. Oh I can hardly wait for growing season to begin !!!!