Thursday, June 6, 2013

GIFT CARD CARDS .....

Today marks the end of the school year for us ..... Yes, that's me you can hear cheering. It's been a tough school year for us in so many different ways. We're ready for the break - time away from books and study, time to refocus and relax, time to spend with family.
It's a big day for Girl Child ... she leaves Middle School today, and moves on to everything that is High School in the Fall. I found myself, surprisingly emotional when I dropped her off at school today - I guess these milestones doesn't get easier, just because they get older.

With both kids in Middle School now, there is little to no end of year teacher gifts to take care of. However, we do have 2 teachers in our Special Ed team, who have been outstanding. They really have gone above and beyond ....... even taking my 8pm phone calls, and never ever minding. I wanted to give them each a little something. We opted for a gift card - that way they get to choose. But gift cards can still look pretty ....
 I used strips of washi tape to decorate my white mat. I then ran it through my Sizzix machine, using the Swiss Dot embossing folder, before adhering it to the card itself.
 This is the inside. I made and attached this little pocket to hold the gift card.
This was the other card. I made the mini envelope to hold the gift card, and incorporated it, into the front of the card. The brown cardstock, is some of that sandable paper - it doesn't have a white core, so it's perfect for sanding, tearing, crumpling, embossing ...... and so the list goes on.

A little update from my kitchen ..... I have done some  more jelly making. This time it was cherry jelly. The color of it is AMAZING !!! A gorgeous cherry red :-) Hubby hinted that he would not mind in the least if some orange jelly made its way into the fridge ...... of course I have to oblige. So next up, a batch of mandarin orange jelly .... I have everything I need, so it's to the kitchen I go !!!

Wishing you a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry these cards are such a good idea. I love them. The one with the washi is fab... My new obsession :D love it... Enjoy your summer break...

    ReplyDelete