Wednesday, February 18, 2015

FOR THE LOVE OF SOPHIE ....

A couple of weeks back (5 to be exact), a new CAL started - Sophies Universe. It is to be a mystery CAL, this means that week on week a new piece is revealed to us. At the end of the 20 weeks, we will have created an afghan.

What can I say ..... we've reached Part 6 (Week 5), and Oh My Goodness, she is an absolute beauty .....
I gave you a peek at Parts 1 & 2 (Week 1) HERE. Today I'll begin Part 6 (Week 5), and I can barely wait. There is a Facebook Group associated with this CAL, a lovely group of ladies, who are always ready to help with problems or a little encouragement. For me, one of the most exciting things about this CAL, is that the designer is a "Home Girl" !!! She's a South African girl, who also lives as an Expat (she lives in the UK).

So without further ado, let me catch you up on Sophie .....


Part 3 ..... I had no color plan moving into this. I chose the 7 colors I wanted to use throughout, and from that point on, I have just chosen my colors round on round, based on what I thought would look good - I'm very happy with how that has worked out for me so far.


Part 4 ..... we've started to square her off. I have learned SO much from this CAL. To be honest with you, I find myself sitting back and admiring my work ..... I cant believe I've made this !!!!


Part 5 ..... she didn't stay square for long - now she's an octagon. This pattern is ever changing, ever evolving. Each Week reveals another piece of this mystery pattern, and each Week, she gets more beautiful !!!
I think it's safe to say ........... Sophies Universe has captivated me :-)

3 comments:

  1. Kerry,
    Wow, this is gorgeous!!! I love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Kerry this is just beautiful. Seriously you are so clever. Can't wait to see it finished. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete