Friday, May 9, 2014

MASON JAR COOKIES ...

I have a "thing" for Mason Jars ...... I've made pincushions out of them, I store stuff in them, I used them too package gifts ....... oh yes, and lets not forget the real reason they exist ...... I've made jam and bottled them in the jars !!!
They're versatile, and come in many sizes, shapes, and even colors now. What can I say ....... I'm a Mason Jar kinda girl !!!

A couple of weeks ago, while browsing World Market (have I ever told you how much I LOVE their kitchen department ..... so many, cool, colorful, cheap and unique goodies). The stars must have aligned, because tucked away on a shelf amongst many other cookie cutters, was a mason jar cookie cutter .... I may have heard angelic choirs at this point !!! I remember the same feeling when I came upon my mason jar rubber stamp.

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week in our school district. Our PTA have put on a dessert and candy bar for the teachers in our Middle School today. Time to haul out the cookie cutter, and let the dough fly .....


 Some lovely Spring jars ...... they're not perfect (I need lots more icing practice), but they're so cute, and the response I got to them was exciting.


 I used THIS RECIPE, for the sugar cookie dough. I think it's the best I've tried to date. I also like that the dough doesn't need to be refrigerated for hours before you can use it.



I wrapped them individually in cellophane bags, ad tied them up with a pink ribbon (of course it had to be pink !!!). I lined the container with pink shredded paper, and delivered them to school.

I think these cookies could be made to suit any season ..... snow globes in Winter, a jar full of hearts for Valentines Day, bug jars for kids ..... I guess there'll be a lot of baking going forward.

1 comment:

  1. I love mason jars too. The cookies turned out great! What a lovely teacher appreciation gift.
    I like to use mason jars as decorations on my tables. I put fresh flowers in them and recently put beans on the bottom of a small mason jar then added an electronic votive to us as a candle on my table. I'm always looking for new mason jar ideas.

    ReplyDelete