Friday, May 23, 2014

CAKE POP PALOOZA ...

That was certainly the case in our house yesterday .....


 I baked cakes .... there were actually two. This strawberry cake and a vanilla cake.


 I crumbled those cakes into nice, fine crumbs. I discovered you get much better crumbs if you cut away the edges of the cake.


I mixed those crumbs with 3/4 tub of frosting, before rolling 11/2 tablespoons of cakey goodness into balls, and popping them in the freezer for 15 minutes.


 I added sticks to the balls, and dipped them in melted candy wafers .... delish !!!!
Notice my recycling effort ... those upside down egg boxes worked a charm.


Once that coating was dry, I did some artistic chocolate drizzling for prettiness :-)


 I wrapped each cake pop individually in a little cello bag, and tied it with ribbon.


Pop them in a box, filled with floral foam, and squiggly, shredded paper.  Pretty the box up, and voila .......
50 cake pops ready for the final teacher luncheon of the school year today !!!

NOW ..... I have found the ultimate, best ever, amazing ........ solution to candy wafers that stay all thick, icky, and difficult to work with,  once they are melted ...... I am very aware that I may be way behind the masses on this one, but I thought I'd share with you anyway. You never know how many others have never heard of these wonders .... 

PARAMOUNT CRYSTALS !!! 

Never will I work with melted chocolate again, without these little treasures close at hand ..... they make it all soooo easy!!!


1 comment:

  1. What cute pops! I noti ed the egg crate...very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete