Wednesday, August 28, 2013

OWL SEWING BUDDY ....

Never again will I need to buy another seam ripper, measuring gadget or pair of little scissors ...... well, here's hoping anyway !!!!
Isn't this owl just THE cutest sewing buddy ever ..... loyally she stands by, holding all your "Have To Haves".
She's weighted down with a cup of rice in her bottom, so she sits exactly where you want her, and wont tip over. I found the pattern and tutorial HERE. It's a great tutorial, that takes you step by step through your creation .... the best bit - it's a free tutorial !!! Now who doesn't like free !!!
She gives you two options - a single color body, or a two tone body (like mine). Just something I found, and I thought I'd mention it, should you wish to make your own friend ...
- If you make the two tone owl (like the one I made), before you cut the pattern piece apart, cut a back piece using that pattern piece (I had to cut away at the back piece, used for the single fabric owl).
- When you cut your pattern piece apart, don't forget to add 1/4" seam allowance to each edge.

I am always very grateful to people who put a lot of hard work into producing a tutorial, and then offering it very generously for free.

I'm certain this will not be the last one I make of these .... they're useful, rate very highly on the cute scale, quick, easy, and a great way to use up little bits of fabric you have lying around.

Go ahead, give this cutie a try ....... you know you want too ...

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little sewing buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie of a hootie! (yea, I couldn't resist...such a geek.)

    ReplyDelete