Thursday, April 18, 2013

FOUR LOVELY LADIES, STANDING IN A ROW ....

It sounds like a children's nursery rhyme, doesn't it?

Storing my rolls of ribbon, has always been a challenge for me. I've tried numerous solutions, but none of them have really worked for me. I use things so much more often, if I can see them. Browsing Pinterest the other day, I found this tutorial here
It looked simple enough, and I had some of the supplies on hand too .... extra bonus !!! So I got Hubby to drill the holes for me, and then I got busy gluing and painting.


 At the same time, I was browsing, I found some sweet spool dolls, someone had made. I so enjoy making spool dolls - I love the different characters you can make, by changing a smile here, or an eye shape there :-) It has been a couple of years, since I last made some, and those were a gift for someone. So, instead of just painting the top ball green, I decided to make some little ladies !!!
The spools of ribbon, create the most delightful dresses for my girls :-)


 I use paint pens to create their faces - I'm not good enough, with a teeny tiny paintbrush to create them, without them looking like aliens. I did give both the holders and heads a coat of varnish. The heads are removable, so that the ribbon rolls can be removed or replaced as needed. Looking at them now, I think they could do with a few hair accessories .... a ribbon bow, a flower perhaps !!! Some of the ones I saw on Pinterest even had  little crochet beanies .... Hmm, I may just not be able to help myself !!!


As you can see, each lady holds a fair number of ribbon rolls ... However, I still need a few more ladies, to accommodate a few more rolls (what this really means, is I need another 4 ladies). I think some pink ones next ..... my craft room is mostly green and pink after all !!!

Wishing y'all a wonderful and crafty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment