Thursday, February 7, 2013

CUPCAKES AND CARDS ....

I took part in Shawnee's Flirty Apron Swap. The format was a little different this time - we all got a fat quarter of the same fabric, and we had to incorporate it into an apron. It sounds easy, but let me tell you, it had me stumped for a loooong time !!!!
I am quite happy with the end result though - I hope my partner likes it.
The photo doesn't show it off well - in fact it's a really icky photo, but it's the only one I took, so it'll have to do.
The black outfit that Molly, my trusty model is wearing, hides some of the detail on the apron unfortunately.
The cupcake fabric was the fat quarter fabric. I picked up on the pink, red and chocolate brown in that design, and used it for the layers in the skirt. The bib has chocolate brown, jumbo ric rac around it. I have used this pattern many, many times (It's a Simplicity pattern), and it is always fun to sew.

Of course all swap packages need to be wrapped beautifully, and they need a card. As I had 2 packages to mail today, I made 2 of the same card, just in different colorways (to match the color theme of the swap items).
I love this design (it comes off Pinterest). I found these rolls of Washi Tape at Target (5 rolls in each color pack .... blue, green and red), for next to nothing ....... I couldn't believe my luck when I found them :-) The little bird brads, are ones I've had for a while. I think they came from Oriental Trading.

Next on my "To Do" List, are a few little Valentines gifts ...... can't wait to get started on them :-)
Hope your day has been full of sunshine and smiles.

1 comment: