I married a man who was born, and partly raised in England ..... in Yorkshire to be precise !!! Although he has lived away from there for 40+ years, his food preferences are best described as very English.
Today Boy Child and his Dad, together with a few of his friends from our Scout Troop, spent the day earning their Archaeology Merit Badge ...... the boys that is, not the adults.
Makes 3 - 9" round cake pan puddings
- 12 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Enough milk to make a smooth flour/egg mixture full of bubbles
- 11/2 Cups Cold Water
- Heat your oven to 475 Deg F (Yes, VERY hot !!!!)
- Mix the flour, eggs and salt together (I use a whisk to do this, and I mix it hard!!!)
- Add enough milk to give you a smooth mixture full of air bubbles (the air bubbles make it light and fluffy)
- Add the water and whisk it very well again.
- Pour just enough vegetable oil into the bottom of your cake pan, to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place pans in the oven for 10 mins (this heats the oil)
- After the 10 mins, remove the pans, and quickly pour 1/3 of the mixture into the pan. Be very careful !!!
- Place the pans back in the oven for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, rotate the pans 180 deg and cook for a further 5 - 10 mins.
- Remove from oven. They will be well risen and fluffy, and lightly browned.
We fill ours with rump roast, sliced carrots and potato wedges, that I cooked in the crockpot all day. topped off with beef gravy ....... LOTS of beef gravy !!!!
I am currently sewing up some fun journal covers ....... just a few more to go, and then I'll share them with you.
Take care, and stay warm (or keep cool) wherever you may be.