Saturday, January 26, 2013

THE PINK SCARF PROJECT ...

Hi there everyone

Hope that the first month of 2013 has been everything you wished it to be. Wow, who can believe that we're almost a month into the New Year already ...... time certainly does fly !!!!

You may have noticed The Pink Scarf Project button on my sidebar. To tell you a little more about it (although, if you click on the button it will take you straight to the website .... please go and visit it). This is a year long project, that started back in October last year, and it will benefit women who are undergoing treatment for breast cancer. You sign up and commit to knit, crochet or buy pink scarves. You can make/buy 1 or 100, it's all up to you. In October this year, the scarves that have been collected, will be given to these brave women. This cause is particularly close to our family at the moment - the wonderful lady who taught both Girl Child and Boy Child in First Grade, and who I consider a friend, lost her battle with breast cancer this past Tuesday. Every scarf that I knit or crochet for this project, will be donated in her memory.

I committed to making a scarf every 2 months - I'm a little behind at the moment, but there WILL be 6 scarves donated by October !!! Here is a peek at scarf number 1.
 It's made using that frilly yarn (the name of it escapes me right now). It knits up really quickly, and gives such a feminine, ruffly effect.

Scarf number 2, is still on the needles, but I just had to share it with you. This scarf is making me so giddy with excitement, because it is my first ever attempt at knitting a lace pattern, and it's working !!!!
I'm using a free pattern that I found on the Lionbrand website. I really am sooooo excited about this scarf. I still stop and admire it after every set of 8 rows (the pattern repeats after 8 rows) .... need to stop doing that, otherwise it's going to take me forever to knit it. The pattern is really easy too......... oh, the possibilities that are open to me now !!!!

I plan on using this scarf knitting adventure, to learn new techniques - I cant think of a better way to learn them. So if you want to sign up (I'm sure that you still can), pop on over to the blog.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the project too! It is such a worthy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete