With the ingredients prepared ..... and ....
The recipe chosen and read .... and read again ..... and again, just to be sure, I set about making my jam. I followed the recipe exactly .... I mixed, I skimmed, I boiled, and then I bottled the jam. I tentatively set about doing the canning bath and ..... It worked perfectly!!! The lids all sealed like they should .... no click clacking when I touched them:-)
This is what I have to show for my effort - 7 sweet little half pint jars of strawberry goodness!!! I do hope it gelled like it should .... the little test that I did on the cold plate did gel nicely, so I hope the jars do too. I thoroughly enjoyed the process, and have picked out Kiwi Jam as my next challenge. I will give these jars a week or so, before I open one to see how well it did gel - Yummy, I see English tea scones with homemade strawberry jam and whipped cream in our future.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:-)