Friday, September 3, 2010

I'VE BEEN A BUSY BEE....

Well things are back to normal in our home. The kids are back at school - and really enjoying it too!!!
I've caught up on all of my swaps ...... so yes, we're back on track!!!




Let me first share with you the octopus I made for August's YOE swap...... I was quite spoilt for choice - too spoilt in fact - it made choosing which one to make a long, drawn out affair. I eventually settled on this crocheted one, and I am happy with the way he turned out. I especially love the way his legs curl....... and who could resist those sparkly, blue eyes:-)


I also tried my hand at making some crochet stitch markers (I forgot to take an individual picture of them). They were so simple to make, yet they were really cute. It's amazing what you can do with some lobster clasps and a few jewelry charms.


Next thing I have to show you, is the apron I made for the Flirty Apron Swap - the theme was Back To The Future!!!!My partner requested a 50's apron. I wanted to do something in keeping with the 50's but at the same time a little different. I found 4 linen dish towels on clearance at World Market. Lucky for me 2 of them had a vintage wine label printed on them .... and the vintage.... 1951!!! So the pile of 4 dish towels (the weight of the fabric is fantastic), became this lovely apron!!! I hope my partner likes it, together with the other goodies I sent (1 from the 1950's, 1 from the 1980's and 1 from the 21st century).

The picture doesn't really do it justice ...... I loved it!!!

So that's what I've been up to over the past few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Kerry, I guess I am your partner for the Sept. mouse swap. I am sorry, but my package to you will probably be sent just a bit late. I will be out of town for a while just before, but I will get it to you as soon after I return as possible. I like to keep in touch with my partners. Last month it was hard to communicate with the partner I had. Let me know if there is a special candy that you like. I look forward to getting to know your better. Take care Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Kerry, I did get you entered into the Fall swap. I will post you on my sidebar as a player. The deadline for the swap sign-up is in 2 days, I am glad you found me and that you want to do it too. We will have fun with this swap for sure.

    ReplyDelete