Sunday, September 19, 2010

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO...

And it's not as if I haven't been busy!!!
Now that the kids are back at school and soccer season is in full swing, time is just running away with us. Add, having to buy a new computer, after the other one crashed, to that, and It explains my abscence.
I thought I'd share these little cuties with you....
Remember these little spool dolls I made back in April....

Well, here's my latest variation on them ....spool mice!!! I love how they turned out:-)

They have little leather ears and tails, the cutest bead noses, and whiskers too!!! I made them using the egg shaped wooden blanks you can buy at any of the craft stores. I made them up as I went along, and am so very happy with how they turned out.I'm busy working on a Fall themed variation of them, that I'll share with you once they're done.

My latest "car pool line" addiction is knitting cotton dishcloths!!! What a fun way to pass the 30 minutes you spend in that line each day - multiply that by 2 for me now that I have one child in Elementary and one at Middle School. They're so quick and easy to make, and the cotton yarn is a breeze to knit with. As soon as I have some pictures to post, I'll show you them.

Hope your Halloween and Fall crafting is keeping you busy ...... I haven't started mine yet, although I have so many ideas floating around in my head:-)

Until next time ..... Happy Crafting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those mice are so so cute, as is all of the spool dolls. You do such a nice job crafting them. I Just returned from my 'retreat' long weekend, I was actually gone for 5 days. I just wanted to let you know that your package will go into the mail today, for YOE. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerry, these are gorgeous! Cute mice & dolls. So clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I love the mice!

    ReplyDelete