Thursday, March 18, 2010

IT'S BEEN FAR TOO LONG!!!

So what has kept me away for soooo long.....
We took the kids away camping for the first part of Spring Break. We had a wonderful time.....ok, so to be honest, it was freezing cold and windy at night, but we survived:-) We've decided that Girl Child makes the best camping beds - they were certainly the warmest.



What's camping without smores??? or Dutch Oven cooking (I love doing this........we made lots of stuff in it again.......Apple Dump Cake, Peach Cobbler, Funnel Cakes...........do you see a trend here.......dessert!!!)


Today I've done quite a bit of crafty stuff - I have 2 swap packages that need to go to the Post Office within the next few days, so I've been putting the finishing touches to those.
I can't share what I've made for my partners with you yet, as neither of the swaps are secrets. I promise as soon as I know they have recieved them ,I'll post pictures. We don't want to go spoiling the suprise now, do we!!!

I did make some of these little fellas today, after seeing some beaded pins on a website. I thought they turned out to be quite sweet!!! I used sculpey to make the little mushrooms.



We didn't do much for St Patricks Day this year - I did get the kids St Paddy's Day donuts for breakfast though (donuts for breakfast is a big treat in our family). My contribution to it this year was a cake I was asked to make for a friends daughter. She needed cupcakes....cupcakes frosted green didn't really fill me with much excitment, so after much thinking this is what I came up with...........

The leprechaun, his pot of gold (aka chocolate coins) and a rainbow:-)
Thanks for stopping by my blog.........I really appreciate it.
Until next time............keep crafting, it makes the world a much happier place.



No comments:

Post a Comment