Friday, February 12, 2010

CUTE VALENTINES GIFT TUTORIAL...

So here it is - my first attempt at a tutorial. If there is anything that doesn't make sense, just let me know.
Valentines Day is only 48 hours away, but you still have time to complete this cute little gift, or a few of them.

So let's get ready to transform this:


Into this:




WHAT YOU'LL NEED:


- Small Bud Vase (I got mine in the floral Dept of Walmart)
- Etching Cream (I used Armor Etch)
- Sticky Back Contact Paper
- Shape or Design you want to use (I used a heart shaped cookie cutter)
- Craft Sponge Brush
- Corks (I got mine in the kitchen gadget section of Walmart)
- Rhinestones and Gem Adhesive
- Red Acrylic Paint
- Organza Ribbon and Charm
- Candy to fill vase


STEP 2
Wipe the surface of the vase you wish to etch with some white vinegar


STEP 3
Prepare your stencil, by cutting your shape out of the center of your contact adhesive.
STEP 4

Stick your contact adhesive to your vase surface.

You must make sure that the edges of your stencil are stuck down well - run your finger nail or a craft stick around the edges - we don't want the etching cream getting underneath the stencil.

STEP 5


Now for the fun part....

Apply the etching cream according to the directions on the bottle.
The Armor Etch had to be applied in a thick layer, and had to be left on for 5 minute.

Now's the time to make that quick cup of tea or coffee.........you deserve it!!!!

STEP 6

Time's up!!!

Rinse off your etching cream according to the manufacturers directions on, and then peel off the contact adhesive.

AND

Voila - look what you have created:-)
STEP 7
Now you can go ahead and embelish it as you wish.
I glued rhinestones around the etched heart shape.
I painted the top of the cork red.
I attached a heart charm to a piece of organza ribbon and tied it around the neck of the vase.
STEP 8
Fill with candy and sit back and admire you're handy work!!!
As I said previously if the instructions don't make sense or I've left something out, just let me know and I'll fix it...
Let me know if you give this a try - I'd love to hear about it:-)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I cant wait until I'm not busy so I can make one. I think I will have to make it just for fun... no time to get it done before V-day, but you have inspired me for sure! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete