Monday, February 8, 2016

OWL WAYS SCARF ......

Owls, Owls, Owls ....... I have a HUGE love for these birds !!!!

My (not so) little niece turned 7 in January - it doesn't seem possible, but hey, the calendar doesn't lie. She's the sweetest little girl. To be honest, her nature is SO much like my daughter's was at the same age ..... sweet and gentle, with a little bit of Drama Queen thrown in for good measure :-)
I LOVE being an Aunty ....... and I'm lucky to have the best three nephews and niece in the world !!!!

Yes, her present is late ..... but just think of the surprise it'll be for her !!!
She lives where it gets really rather cold, particularly at his time of the year, so what better gift to make for her than a cute, chunky scarf, that will keep her little neck snuggly warm.
The pattern I chose was THE OWL WAYS SCARF . It's a well written, fun pattern that knits up really fast. It uses Chunky yarn ( I used LionBrand Wool Ease yarn). The scarf itself used only a single ball of yarn, with a little bit used from a second ball, so it's very economical too. The pattern is written for a child's size, but it would work just as well for an adult, if you just knitted an extra few inches in the middle piece.
It has a cute matching owl hat pattern too, that you could try if you wished to.


It needed a good blocking once I had finished it, but that's easy enough to do !!! Let's be honest, everything looks better once it's been blocked :-)


Finished with some stylish tassels .... the scarf and the owl himself :-)


His eyes are some rather perfect little black buttons that I found at Joann's. Look at the perfect little ring in them that looks just like a little pupil. He has a little heart shaped button for his nose, also from Joann's.

I hadn't knitted anything in a while ..... it was fun to pick up those long. pointy sticks again.
Happy Birthday Jess ..... we love you to the moon and back !!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kerry. I am not sure I will attempt knitting. I taught myself to crochet (and I use the term very loosly :P) online. I am trying to make a granny square blanket for my newest grandie :D we will see how that pans out. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Kerry. Am sure Jess will be thrilled to bits. She's getting very into the clothes age!!! Knows exactly what she likes and what she doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owl scarf is gorgeous! What a fabulous birthday gift for your niece, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete