Monday, February 1, 2016

COOKIE CRAZY ....

Well Happy New Year everyone .......
We'll just pretend that a whole month has not passed since my last post !!!! I hope that 2016 has gotten off to a marvelous start, and by the feel of things, we better all buckle up and hang on tight, because it's going to be another fast paced ride !!!!

Cookies and cookie baking have taken on a life of their own for me over the past couple of months - and I'm loving it !!! My Christmas Cookie orders way surpassed what I could ever have dreamed of, and I'm SO excited to see where my 2016 cookie journey takes me. That being said, I needed to get better organized. I needed to have my cookie cutters more visible, so that I know what I have and what I don't have, without having to scratch through numerous plastic containers. Pinterest had any number of choices and ideas available ...... one in particular, I loved, so I challenged Hubby to the task of making it for me !!!!


I painted a piece of pegboard white, and he did the rest ....... it is AWESOME !!!!! It holds all of my cookie cutters, with space for me to grow !!!
I've used 6" long pegs, and then I decided on baskets for the bottom. They don't stick out as far, and so were less likely to cause bodily harm :-)
It freed up so much cupboard space too ...... my baking cupboard looks so much better now.

So I thought I'd share some of my recent cookie endeavors with you ......


Christmas 2015


Pastel Flowers for a lovely lady's 90th birthday celebration :-)


Frozen themed cookies, to celebrate a little princess's 2nd birthday.


Cookies for your Love ...... Valentines Day 2016 !!!




These were made for two very special friends of mine ....... Mug Hugger Cookies !!!!

So as you can see, the flour has been flying, and the mixer whirring in my little kitchen !!! Talking of mixers, I was so completely, unbelievably, hugely spoilt by my daughter at Christmas ...... She gave me a RED Kitchen Aid Mixer .......... there are NO words to describe just how elated and excited I was !!!!!

Until next time .....


1 comment:

  1. You have a remarkable generous daughter and I know you will get much joy from your new gadget. That board looks stunning and such a good idea. I just love your biccies and wish we lived closer. You are going to be a busy bee....

    ReplyDelete