Saturday, July 25, 2015

TEA TIME .....

I love recipe books, and have quite a few of them ....... that translates to FAR too many .... but Ho Hum !!!
This recipe book just tickles me ...... the cover encapsulates everything "English Tea" for me. I found it in a bookstore on one of my visits to my sister, and it was my reading material of choice for my flight back - and oh what a flight that was !!! I was upgraded to Club Class (similar to First Class on other airlines) ..... OH MY GOODNESS ....... it was wonderful, amazing, fantastic ............. But I digress .....


It accompanies the TV series - The Great British Bake Off (watch it on You Tube if you can - it's fantastic). The Great British Sewing Bee, is well worth the watch too.
My preference when it comes to cake, is fruity, light with little to no icing - I'm not a big icing fan !!!
This book has THE perfect cake for me, it's called Lemon Drizzle Cake !!!
I made it for the first time 2 weeks ago, and it didn't even last 24 hours. Yesterday, I had some oranges I needed to use up, so thought I'd try substituting the lemon with orange (Hubby's favorite flavor is orange, so bonus). It was every bit as delicious !!!!
I love everything about this cake - it's shape, it's height, it's flat top .... the perfect cake !!!!


You make an orange syrup that you pour over the hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.


Cake perfection !!!
I've woken up this morning to find the cake 3/4 devoured ......... it only came out of the oven at 6 O Clock last night !!!!

The book has so many recipes I remember eating growing up .... Rock Cakes, Bakewell Tart ..... I plan on making them all !!!!

1 comment: