Sunday, June 21, 2015

PEPPERMINT PATTIES ....

York Peppermint Patties are a favorite chocolate treat in our house. Hubby especially is a BIG fan !!!
I found a recipe a while back, for homemade peppermint patties - I think I found it on Pinterest (I can't find the place that I found it anymore).

The world celebrates Father Day today .... a day to tell all of those Dads (Our Dad, Dads In Law, and Husbands) in our lives, how special and loved they are. We decided to treat Andy to a sweet treat ......


A jar full of LOVE (and peppermint patties).
I really like the shape of these jars I found at Hobby Lobby ..... I filled another one up with peanut clusters, earlier in the week, for a friends birthday. I added a pretty drawer pull to the top of hers ..... really cute.


Just look at all that yumminess !!!
They have been voted, better than Yorkies by my peanut gallery.
Because I can't find the recipe link, I thought I'd share it with you. (If anyone finds this link, let me know, as I'd love to give kuddos to the person who created this recipe.)

HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT PATTIES

- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Half & Half
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 11/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract

Mix this all together, until well blended and smooth.
Add
- 33/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
To the above mixture, 1 Cup at a time. If the dough is too crumbly add a little more Half & Half. (I needed 31/2 Tbsp of Half & Half to get the right consistency). It should have a fondant like consistency.

Roll dough out on a parchment lined cookie sheet dusted with powdered sugar. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.
Place in the freezer for 15 mins.
Use 11/2 inch round cutter to cut out circles. Return these cutouts to the freezer for another 10 mins.
In the meantime .....

Melt Chocolate or Almond Bark in a glass bowl.
Remove rounds from the freezer, and quickly dunk them into the chocolate, making sure the patty is completely covered.
Remove from chocolate, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Place cookie sheet in the fridge, to allow the chocolate to harden.
ENJOY !!!!

1 comment: