Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A WEEKEND AWAY ....

And a wonderful one it was too !!!!
This past weekend 11 of us ladies, took off for Bowie, Texas. Our destination ..... a lovely looong Weekend Scrapbook Retreat, in the country, called Hobby House Hill. It was an early birthday present to me, from 3 of my friends, and an AWESOME present it was too.

This was our home for the weekend ...



 For me it was just like being back at school (I spent most of my school years at boarding school). Really comfy beds, and a huge en suite bathroom. And we did have our fair share of girly, giggly laughter !!!


 This was our view ..... nothing around us, and totally tranquil and relaxing.


 This was part of our group of Happy Scrappers.



This was our scrapping barn .... plenty of space, as many chick flicks as we could possibly watch, a bathroom and a kitchenette.


These little chaps descended in their masses on these hummingbird feeders. I don't think I've ever seen so many hummingbirds in one place at one time. I am very proud of this picture ..... I just love it !!!
It was a venue very conducive to producing many lovely layouts ..... and that we did. I learned a fair bit about how I scrapbook ...... I'm a slow scrapbooker ..... my pages have to set the theme .... I'm definately a solid color cardstock girl (although I have a great love of patterned paper), and my Cricut is without a doubt my most used tool !!!
Want to take a peek at some of my layouts .... (I was working on Girl Child's Elementary School years ... see, I told you I was slow .... She goes to High School in the Fall!!!))







See what I mean by my Cricut being my best friend !!!!

One of the best parts of the weekend ...... all of our meals were prepared and served to us, and let me tell you, we ate VERY well. The food was all home cooked and delicious !!! One of the desserts we had was Scandinavian Almond Cookies. They were quite simply out of this world !!! I got home and scoured the internet for recipes. I found THIS recipe, and gave it a try today. I expected to have to try a few before I struck gold. Not this time, this recipe was spot on !!!! Crisp, almondy and melt in your mouth. Definately, hands down, my favorite of all time cookie ..... sadly (or maybe not), I'm the only one in our house that likes the flavor of almond ...... lucky, lucky me !!!!


Thanks for popping by. Give this recipe a try ..... it may just become your best ever, favorite cookie too ...

1 comment:

  1. I've been stalking you, eagerly awaiting this post. It looks like you all had a fabulous time! I am jealous!!! I quit scrap booking in 2004 or 5....if I started again, I would have a lot to catch up with!

    ReplyDelete