Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THE 10 MINUTE TABLE RUNNER ...

It took me a little longer than 10 minutes to complete each one, but that probably has something to do with my spray starch addiction ..... Gosh, I love that stuff!!!! The sharp lines it gives you when you iron a seam, are beyond compare.
I needed 3 quick gifts, in a hurry (A HUGE hurry). I found the link to this on Craftgossip. Here's the website it comes from www.sweethomequiltco.com.

I can recommend this freebie pattern for so many reasons ...
- Even if it took me 30 minutes to complete each one, it makes for a quick gift.
- It is made up of only 4 seams, so there is minimal sewing. This would be a great project for a beginner sewer.
- It is very economical. You only need 11 inches of the inner fabric, and 18 inches of the outer fabric, and 2 buttons. You get the length of the runner, by using the width of the fabric.
- The result is super cute!!!

This shows you how you get that point at the end - very clever!!!
I think I'm going to be making a few of these as Christmas gifts - I'll use general day to day fabric combinations, so that they can be used throughout the year.
So, if you're in need of a quick gift .... there are only 32 days left until Christmas after all (Yikes!!!) .... pop on over and give one of these a go.
Wishing all my American visitors a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great gift! I love that you were finished in 30 minutes. I know someone that this would make a great gift for. Now I just need some time to sew!

    ReplyDelete