Saturday, September 10, 2011

INTRODUCING MUMFSY ....

And who would name someone that .... well my hubby of course!!!
And what would that someone have to look like to earn such a strange name .... well, just like this!!!

Isn't he cute!!! He is a baby shower gift for a friend of mines grandson, who will be making his entrance into the world, in a few short months:-)
This is where his pattern comes from ...

It is the most adorable book ever, and I saw it for the first time on Alice's Blog at Crochet With Raymond (if you've never visited before, hurry on over). It's one of those books that gives you the wanties reaaaalllly badly. I'm on a mission to knit every one of those sweet monsters. Rebecca Danger is one very talented girl. The instructions are so clear and easy to follow. It took me about 3 days to knit Mumfsy ... a very doable project, even for those short on time.
There is one part of him, that has me a little more excited than any other and it is this ...

His little foot.
Why does it excite me so ... because, I now think that I may just possibly be able to knit a pair of human socks!!! If I was able to do the gussety, picking up stitches, making a foot, on this little guy, then surely I can do it on a human sock? Watch this space ...
I'll leave you with one last picture of Mumfsy ... just because he is so absolutely, undeniably cute.


Have a great Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest little monster! Someday I am going to learn to knit and or crochet little creations like this. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a terrific job on him...love that he is smiling. I love monsters.......sounds like a new swap in the making, huh?

    ReplyDelete