Monday, July 4, 2011

LADYBIRD, LADYBIRD, FLY AWAY HOME ...


... and you know how the rest of the nursery rhyme goes:-D
Our YOE2 theme for June was ladybirds (or ladybugs as they're known here in the USA). It seemed a pretty easy theme at first, but once I started browsing for ideas, it became apparent that it would be harder than I originally thought. I wanted my ladybird to look like more than a round, red blob with black dots. I eventually settled on this arumugumi pattern, and I love the way she turned out. I like her antennae, they add some dimension.

And on a kitchen note .... the jam making continues:-D I made some blueberry jam a couple of days ago .... simply delicious. The color of those jars though, is just gorgeous .... a deep, deep, purpley blue:-D

Happy 4th July, from our family to yours.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Your little ladybug turned out great! It makes me wish I could crochet.

    ReplyDelete