Saturday, December 7, 2013

CHRISTMAS CANDY GIFTS ....

These would be great gifts for your neighbors, teachers or mail carrier. They're cute, quick to make and inexpensive.
As I mentioned in my previous post, these were all made for the Christmas Faire I was taking part in tomorrow, but as a result of Icemeggedon (that is how infrequent events like this happen in Texas), the Faire has been cancelled. It's the right call .....roads are treacherous, and we couldn't even get out of our driveway if we wanted to.
So I'm here today to share these cuties with you, and maybe spark some of your creativity.
All of these ideas came off pins I'd seen on Pinterest. I just worked with what I had (paper punches, Cricut cartridges and good old cardstock and scissors !!!), to create my version of what I'd seen.
 These are my Hot Chocolate For 4 Santa Boxes. I filled each box with 4 sachets of hot chocolate, 4 peppermint candy canes and 4 marshmallows. The box only required one 12" x 12" piece of red cardstock to make. I fiddled around with the dimensions and shape, until I was happy with it. I finished it off by decorating it to look like Santa's belly !!! The little dangling mug, I turned into a gift tag.
 Next up, Santa and his Snowman sidekick !!! The Santa is a Dove Milk candy bar, and the Snowman is a Hershey's airy, bubbly bar.
 Santa Rolo tube, and Santa candy cane.
Believe it or not, this is constructed, box and all, using just one 12" x 12" piece of cardstock, that I cut to size. The acetate for the window came from an old chocolate box. Again I just fiddled around with the dimensions and construction method, until I was happy with it.

If anyone wants me to write up my dimensions and construction method for either of the boxes, just let me know. I'd be happy to oblige.

Until next time ....... Keep crafting !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! You are a paper crafting genius! I'm always in awe of the paper goodies you create!

    ReplyDelete